photo Header_zpsf9785504.png

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

perfectly imperfect!

I have realized as I grow that I'm a perfectionist.  I use to think that was a good thing...to be perfect.  But I'm learning that because of that, I procrastinate.  If I can't start and finish a project perfectly then I just better not even start.

A project that I have put off, painting these tired old doors.


 




As I searched my basement for the paint I wanted to use (Miss Mustard Seed - for the old chippy look), I realized I was out! But as the cool morning air started to fade I made up my mind to not put off another project.

Frustrated, another job not up to my "perfect" standard...wrong paint.  Uggg!

I start painting anyway and noticed the amazing doors.  So worn, beat up, and incomplete.  And then it hit me.....wow, these doors, with their imperfections makes my heart so happy. 

I LOVE chippy paint,  rusted things, old wood,  vintage worn material.

 

 
 
 
 
So the question is, why am so concerned about being perfect, when what I love so much and what gives me true joy are all things that are imperfect? 
 
IMperfect!  Yes I need the reminding!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment